Sunday, February 3, 2008

Winston Churchill Quotes

Winston Churchill Quotes

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
-- (replying to Lady Astor's comment 'Sir, you're drunk!')
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
Golf is a game whose aim is to hit a very small ball into a even smaller hole, with weapons singularly ill-designed for the purpose.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last.
I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.